Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy New Year !, Let the season begin !

We finally escaped the Colorado deep-freeze in the early morning hours of New Years Eve.

At 0500, at 9 degrees Fahrenheit, and minutes after Starbucks served up a cup off coffee, we hit the road and headed east.  We dropped anchor for the night in East St.Louis and got another 0500 start on New Years Day to Tifton, Georgia.  This morning brought us to Fernandina Beach, Florida and Tiger Point Marina, Belmira's off-season home.

Here she is in the locked storage yard with her yard mates.


The marina has been closed for the holidays, so Belmira has to stay in the lockup until at least Monday when I can call and get her bailed out.

The 1st mate and I have moved on to Kissimmee to visit with her mom.  I will be heading back to the Marina as soon as Belmira is released, hopefully on Monday, to get her ready to sail.  More posts as that progresses.



No comments:

Post a Comment